problem running Python script from procmail

Preston Landers planders at mail.utexas.edu
Wed May 26 16:32:46 EDT 1999

Hey all...

it's me again, the one who was having problems with the thread module
yesterday.

I got my sysadmin to recompile -with-threads and that partially solved
the problem.

My script works fine from the command line.  You pass it an RFC822
message as a parameter and it does its thing and spits out the
results.

However, it still does not want to run when called from procmail.
Procmail's log spits out the same message:

  File "/home/p/pagecast/submitengine/submitengine.py", line 54, in ?
    from threading import *
  File "/usr/local/lib/python1.5/threading.py", line 6, in ?
    import thread
  ImportError: No module named thread

I'm wondering what could be the problem.  Like I said it works fine
from the command line.  The system is running procmail 3.10 (slightly
old version) and Python 1.5.1.

Any suggestions at all would be greatly appreciated.

thanks,

---Preston