Python vs. VB

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g at Virginia.EDU
Thu May 20 12:44:45 EDT 1999

On Thu, 20 May 1999, Andrew M. Kuchling wrote:

> Fredrik Lundh writes:
> >> Use one language for both time intensive execution and for high speed
> >> development: Dylan.
> >
> >looks we've finally got our own scott raney ;-)
>
> 	Oh, I don't know; I've been looking at Dylan these days, and
> it looks like quite a neat language, mixing dynamicism with optional
> static typing.  That's a divide that, as we all know, Python is
> thinking about spanning, and Dylan is an interesting solution.  That's
> a purely theoretical opinion, though, since I haven't yet found time
> to download an actual Dylan implementation and play with it.  (And the
> way my schedule is looking, I may never get around to that...)

Yeah. Considering all of the recent discussions of how to change Python,
I don't think Jason was out of line bringing up Dylan. Now, if he
starts answering every question the same, it could get real annoying,
but ...

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g at Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---