SCM...

cmedcoff at my-dejanews.com cmedcoff at my-dejanews.com
Thu May 20 17:00:57 EDT 1999

>  Anybody using Python as an automated build scripting tool?

I also have this idea as my first decently sized Python project.  I am
just getting started on it; mostly just thinking so far.  I've got
another guy here who is intersted in building such a script.  We
targeting both VSS and StarTeam.  We're hoping to isolate support for
specific SCM packages, compilers, etc. so that most of the code can be
reused regardless.

I've one script which does a 'get' supporting StarTeam, but it's my
first script and it's a hack.  Perhaps we can collaberate?  Drop me a
note and we'll dicuss it further.

Chuck