using python in www site

Travis C. Porco porco at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Sat May 8 23:26:46 EDT 1999

In article <373317F6.737B4D40 at zarlut.utexas.edu>,
Tom Bryan  <tbryan at zarlut.utexas.edu> wrote:

>Tom Bryan wrote:

>> (To make this post not too off-topic...)
>> You might want to convince the ISP to install M.A. Lemburg's
>> recently-released mxCGI distribution: a compact, easy-to-install
>> Python.

>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/mxCGIPython.html

>Actually, I guess you don't even need to have them install it.
>You should be able to install Python in the company's home
>directory on their ISP's machine.  I think that's the point of
>mxCGI.  Then you can begin your scripts with import cgi, and you're
>on your way.  I remember that Python's cgi module was very easy
>to use.

How would you get access to such a directory?  I sure can't seem to
find it on my ISP.

--
Travis      **standard disclaimers apply**
"Their real problem was that they assumed themselves able to formulate