using python in www site

Travis C. Porco porco at stat.Berkeley.EDU
Sat May 8 23:24:27 EDT 1999

In article <373316D9.AB851DC5 at zarlut.utexas.edu>,
Tom Bryan  <tbryan at zarlut.utexas.edu> wrote:

>> i know python, i know html and a little bit of javascript, but have no
>> idea about CGI and about perl (and i am not interesting in learning it
>> over the weekend).

>If you need to do CGI, you'll have to write a program in whatever
>language is on the machine.  Do they have Python?  CGI is simple.

My web server machine right now "has" only C, C++, tcl, and $perl.
There ought to be some easy way for me to load Python onto the machine,
but I don't seem to have access to any safe place.  (Even I know better
than to have a scripting language executable accessible from out in
public.)

Is there any ISP, either national (USA) or in the San Francisco Bay
Area that is Python-friendly?  All due respect to the $perl afficionados,
but I $@'int interested in switching.

--
Travis      **standard disclaimers apply**
"Their real problem was that they assumed themselves able to formulate