using python in www site

Kaweh Kazemi kaweh at frodo.sil.at
Sun May 9 07:54:14 EDT 1999

>To install the binary you only need FTP access and an cgi-bin
>directory that executes .cgi as CGI programs. Here are the
>steps needed:
>
> [steps]
>
>That's all -- you don't even need a TELNET access. I've used this
>approach a couple of times already, and yes, this is the main point
>in the mxCGIPython project.
thanx for your help. i was aware of mxCGIPython, which is a cool
project IMHO. but there is one problem (or correct me, if i am wrong):
i need a cgipython archive which was made for my ISPs machine?

well, my ISP gave me access to a ftp directory which also has a
cgi-bin directory, and on login the system says:

	"UNIX(r) System V Release 4.0"

there doesn't seem to be a compatible cgipython archive, am i right?

well, if someone has access to a machine using this type of unix and
could create a compatible cgipython archive, this would help me very
much. i even don't know, if this information is enough to create a
cgipython-archive (same unix, different hardware-platforms?), but
that's all i have at this time (if someone is willing to help and
needs more information, i will check with my ISP, just tell me what
you need to know).

btw: i asked my ISP, if they could install python for me. i am waiting
for an answer.

anyway, thanx for your help and time ...

kaweh