proposal: new mailing list

Andrew Cooke andrew at andrewcooke.free-online.co.uk
Mon May 31 06:24:03 EDT 1999

On the Python web site, in the docs section, in Guido's essays, there is
a grant proposal that you might find interesting reading.  I read it
yesterday and it sets the background for Idle (I presume - the name of
the environment isn't mentioned) as an environment intended for
teaching.  It also has a long discussion of teaching languages and
Python - I don't know to what extent it is grant babble and to what
extent it reflects the driving forces behind Python, but it made some
things clear to me.  I don't have the exact URL, but I hope you'll be
able to fid it easily from the description above.

Andrew

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/