Thanks for Python...

Mordy Ovits movits at lockstar.com
Wed Jun 23 16:06:49 EDT 1999

Jeff Rush wrote:

> Welcome to the Python community, John.  Yes, Python is a truly
> wonderful language for cranking out quick prototypes or test jigs.
> I prototyped a complete web-based general ledger system in Python,
> figuring I'd downcode it to C for speed later, but so far I haven't needed
> to.  Python is also just plain fun...  Now if I could just get time to port
> it to the PalmPilot, I'd never be away from it.
>
> -Jeff Rush

Get a Windows CE Palm-sized PC if you want to take Python with you whereever you
go.  Python runs stunningly well on my Casio E-100, and has nifty GUI
libraries.  It's not polished by any sense of the word but it works, and the
source is a barely changed version of the standard windows Python.  This makes
for easy improvement.

see:
http://starship.python.net/crew/mhammond/ce/

It sure is nifty to be coding during my commute :-)

Enjoy!
Mordy

--
o Mordy Ovits