Why is tcl broken?

Ian Wild ian at cfmu.eurocontrol.be
Thu Jun 10 07:49:02 EDT 1999

Fernando Mato Mira wrote:

>   I'm trying to collect a list of all the _current_ issues making tcl
> a bad language choice. I'd like concrete examples,

Without knowing what you're choosing it FOR, how
can anyone legitimately say it's a bad choice?
For some problem domains it might well be ideal.
(I mean, it's theoretically possible that, in some
parallel universe, there's a even problem for which
C++ is the ideal choice.)

>   Note that I've not listed comp.lang.tcl for increased productivity,
> and to avoid starting a flame war.

Yeah - right.  And no Tcl users ever read here?