Broken 1.5.2 installation? Missing cw3215mt.dll

Cameron Laird claird at Starbase.NeoSoft.COM
Sun Jun 13 09:59:16 EDT 1999

In article <37611D32.47BED973 at callware.com>,
Ivan Van Laningham  <ivanlan at callware.com> wrote:
			.
			.
			.
>[snort]
>
>I've just been installing Python/Tcl/PyWin/Win32All/blah blah on several
>Win machines (95/98/NTW/NTS) over the past several days.  It's a long
>story (soon to be a major motion picture starring Mel Gibson), but
>suffice it to say that in *every* case IDLE refused to run out of the
>box.  All that was required, though, was to update PATH to include the
>Python directory, the Tcl directory and the Tcl/bin directory.  I've
>also installed Python/Tcl on my three Linux machines--RH5.2 and
>RH6.0-SMP--but I didn't have to fiddle with anything at all in order to
>get IDLE to run just fine.  Of course, Python and Tcl etc. have been in
>my path permanently for a long time on Linux;-)
>
>> followups-to-cameron-laird<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim
>
>I'll gladly follow Cameron around if he's responsible for the install;-)
			.
			.
			.
I regard installation as comparable to sanitation services
(garbage removal) in the real world:  an enormous enabler
of comfort, theoretically inchoate, culturally underappre-
ciated--and not my specialty.  My ignorance about
installation is even more massive than the one I have about
art, for truly all I know about installation is what works
for me.

My personal belief, in fact, is that there are *no* experts
in installation.  It's turtles all the way, for everyone
I've asked seems to have a mentor whom he trusts beyond his
own experience.  Elementary graph theory questions how this
embeds in a finite population, but all I can do is report
my own observations.

I don't know off-hand who's responsible for Tk installations.
If you want to track down the guilty parties, I'll be happy
to help.  In regard to Python, of course, The Guido knows all.
--

Cameron Laird           http://starbase.neosoft.com/~claird/home.html
claird at NeoSoft.com      +1 281 996 8546 FAX