Broken 1.5.2 installation? Missing cw3215mt.dll

Ivan Van Laningham ivanlan at callware.com
Fri Jun 11 10:29:06 EDT 1999

Hi All--

Tim Peters wrote:

[snip]

> Aha!  Stop your grinnin' and drop your linen, Mike.  Having more than one
> version of tk*.dll or tcl*.dll anywhere in your entire *city* is like
> putting a male brain-eater in your left ear and a female brain-eater in your
> right ear at the peak of brain-eater mating season, then betting you can
> keep them apart by force of moral suasion.  You should reformat your drives
> and reinstall NT to be *sure* <wink>, but before that try uninstalling every
> Tcl/Tk you have, "dir/s" your drives from the roots to make sure nothing
> matching tk*.dll or tcl*.dll survived, uninstall Python, and reinstall
> Python with the One True Tcl/Tk that comes with it.

[snort]

I've just been installing Python/Tcl/PyWin/Win32All/blah blah on several
Win machines (95/98/NTW/NTS) over the past several days.  It's a long
story (soon to be a major motion picture starring Mel Gibson), but
suffice it to say that in *every* case IDLE refused to run out of the
box.  All that was required, though, was to update PATH to include the
Python directory, the Tcl directory and the Tcl/bin directory.  I've
also installed Python/Tcl on my three Linux machines--RH5.2 and
RH6.0-SMP--but I didn't have to fiddle with anything at all in order to
get IDLE to run just fine.  Of course, Python and Tcl etc. have been in
my path permanently for a long time on Linux;-)

> followups-to-cameron-laird<wink>-ly y'rs  - tim

I'll gladly follow Cameron around if he's responsible for the install;-)

<follow-the-one-true-path-to-enlightenment>-ly y'rs,
Ivan
Ivan Van Laningham
Callware Technologies, Inc.
ivanlan at callware.com
http://www.pauahtun.org
See also:
Army Signal Corps:  Cu Chi, Class of '70