Problem with Curses

Klaus-Juergen Wolf kjwolf at online.de
Fri Jun 18 04:53:51 EDT 1999

Klaus-Juergen Wolf <kjwolf at online.de> wrote:
 > -*-
 > import curses

 > curses.initscr()
 > curses.endwin()
 > -*-

 > alone does exactly the same. I've tested it in debugging environment,
 > where it doesn't happen, and I've checked the cursesmodule code, and I
 > still have no idea why this happens. (Inconsistency? But where?)

I now have solved the problem.
It depends on when the executable is linked to libmytinfo, which only
takes place on platforms that don't know the terminfo database, like
BSD and Solaris; there are two competing declarations of tputs().

libmytinfo has to be linked before libtermcap.

(Hours of debugging went for such a laugh... oh no!)

cu
 k.j.