Python GUIs: Abandoning TkInter and welcoming wxPython?

Will Ware wware-nospam at world.std.com
Fri Jun 25 17:40:41 EDT 1999

Mikael Lyngvig (mikael at pobox.com) wrote:
: I'd like some discussion on whether or not it is a good idea to
: abandon TkInter, before it gets too widely used, and instead adopt
: wxPython as the primary GUI framework for Python.

The last time I tried playing with wxWindows on a Linux box, it
demanded some library I didn't have. I don't remember if it was
Mesa, KDE, Gnome, or what, but a couple days' fooling around with
it got me no progress. For all its performance problems, Tcl/Tk does
work pretty much everwhere.