bug with Irix configure

Patrick J. Moran pmoran at nas.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 12 16:54:25 EDT 1999

Hi,

I've encounted a bug with the configure on Irix.  I'm not sure
where to report it, so to the newsgroup it goes.

The problem is under Irix 6.4 with the MIPSpro 7.2 compiler.
The problem is that configure concludes that size_t, mode_t
and pid_t are not defined in <sys/types.h>, when in reality
they are.  I suspect configure comes to this conclusion because
there are #if's around the definitions, and _MIPS_SZLONG has to
be defined as 32 (or 64) in order for the typedef's to be visible.
I presume _MIPS_SZLONG isn't defined when configure does its
tests.  So configure generates #define's in config.h for the
names it thinks are missing, and the defines cause problems
later when the compiler encounters the typedefs.  In particular,
the define for size_t causes errors later.

My current work-around is to just go in to config.h after configure
has been run and comment out to offending defines.

Pat