Unicode via COM

Paul Prescod paul at prescod.net
Mon Jul 5 19:02:27 EDT 1999

I can write characters into a PowerPoint slideshow via range.InsertText
but it takes a Python string as an argument. How do I get a >255 character
into Unicode. I'm looking for something like unicode_chr( 8132 )

I guess it has something to do with UnicodeFromRaw but I don't know what
"Raw" means? UTF-8? Do I have to memorize the details of some encoding?
How do I convert 8132 into a "raw" string?

 http://itrc.uwaterloo.ca/~papresco

Math -- that most logical of sciences -- teaches us that the truth can
be highly counterintuitive and that sense is hardly common.
	K.C.Cole, "The Universe and the Teacup"