Anyone else making music with python?

Tesla Coil tescoil at rtpro.net
Sat Dec 25 22:03:02 EST 1999

On 25 Dec 1999, Jason Cunliffe replied to Paul Winkler:
> Am I the only one crazy enough to make music directly in
> python scripts? i.e. not with an application but by programming
> the composition...
>
> I've been working on a module to help me do exactly that.
> [...]
> The module is called pysco, and currently lives at:
> http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo/pw_linux/code.html#pysco
>
> Current version is pysco 0.0.2.
>>
>> No not crazy at all - it is a shame that there is so little
>> media or art being done in Python.

It could easily become artists' language of choice.  Insofar
as the discovery is a bit delayed, I believe many incorrectly
anticipate disappointments they've encountered exploring
other languages.  A little advocacy directed toward artists,
it mostly just needs brought to their attention (and Paul, ya
*gotta* announce pysco on the Linart list).  Also important
that it sees more demonstration as an extension scripting
language with graphics apps like Sketch, newly moved to
http://sketch.sourceforge.net and Gimp-Python, found at
http://www.daa.com.au/~james/pygimp/.  My platform is
showing...any apps for others using Python thusly?