midi stuff?

Paul Winkler slinkp at angelfire.com
Wed Dec 29 14:54:38 EST 1999

Will Ware wrote:

> Is there any Python code floating around for generating MIDI
> files, starting from any sort of human-readable score? I'm not
> looking for anything fancy enough to define sounds or instruments,
> just use any preexisting instruments already in my soundcard.
> I'd be particularly pleased if human-readable scores were themselves
> Python scripts. Thanks for any responses.

I have yet to figure out what to do with it since I can't seem to
get the documentation to compile... but there is a midi module on
the python.org site:
http://www.python.org/download/Contributed.html

and do a search for "midi".

I am using python in a different musical fashion: generating csound
scores. I hope to eventually make my "pysco"  module support
multiple types of output including midi devices and midi files (to
do that I will probably use the above-mentioned midi module once I
figure it out).
http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo/pw_linux/code.html

-
slinkP arts:   music, sound, illustration, design, etc.
A member of ARMS    ----->    http://www.reacharms.com
or http://www.mp3.com/arms or http://www.amp3.net/arms
personal page   ---->    http://www.ulster.net/~abigoo