midi stuff?

Will Ware wware at world.std.com
Sat Dec 25 20:02:59 EST 1999

Is there any Python code floating around for generating MIDI
files, starting from any sort of human-readable score? I'm not
looking for anything fancy enough to define sounds or instruments,
just use any preexisting instruments already in my soundcard.
I'd be particularly pleased if human-readable scores were themselves
Python scripts. Thanks for any responses.