GTK choking on wxPython

Bas van der Linden linden at win.tue.nl
Mon Dec 13 18:51:50 EST 1999

Matt Gushee wrote:

> Platform: Red Hat Linux 5.2 (kernel 2.0.36, glibc 2.0.7)
> GTK: 1.2.1
> Python: 1.5.2
> wxWindows: wxGTK 2.1.11
> wxPython: 2.1.11
>
> The problem seems to be wxPython specific, since all the wxGTK demos
> run fine.
>
> Has anybody seen this before?
>
> Please don't tell me I have to upgrade GTK (unless it's true ;-). I
> hate upgrading GTK.

I don't want to spoil your day, but on the wxWindows mailing list they
were discussing an error in the configure scripts: it requires only gtk
1.2.1 but some code it uses can actually only be found in the more recent
editions of gtk. I am not sure this will cure your problems... Just say
to yourself: upgrading gtk is fun, upgrading gtk is fun and maybe you
have a good time at it :-)

Bas van der Linden