Arg! [Long]

Magnus L. Hetland mlh at vier.idi.ntnu.no
Tue Dec 21 16:19:19 EST 1999

"Fred L. Drake, Jr." <fdrake at cnri.reston.va.us> writes:

> Magnus L. Hetland writes:
>  > Yup. Sorry about that... But that didn't work either.
>
>   Ouch.
>
>  > Well - I didn't write it ;)
>
>   I was suspecting that the gcc command line was being mis-generated
> because of the typo.  So much for that idea.
>
>  > vier:~/python/extension$ ls
>  > Makefile.pre.in  Setup.in
>
>   Perhaps this is the problem.  ;)  There's no spammodule.c (exactly
> as the message says!).  That needs to be here as well; you can't
> compile without source!

ARG!

(I'm *really* getting sleepy now...)

>   That *might* be a problem.  "python" needs to resolve to the actual
> python executable from the installation you're building for.  If
> Python isn't itself correctly (say, it's finding the other installed
> python...), the whole thing will simple build for the wrong
> installation.  But you haven't gotten there yet.
>   For now, what you need is a sufficiently interesting spammodule.c.
> ;)

Well - I had one... Now I have to make another one... (tapping
away...)

Ah!

Suddenly it works. Hm. So it actually needs sourcecode - i'd say
that's quite a shortcoming <wink>

<phew>

Except... As long as the source file is called spammodule, it seems
that the module name is also spammodule, although I would like it to
be called spam (which is what I called in the setup file, like the
example in the docs...)

--

  Magnus
  Lie