Tkinter config on RH 5.2

Patrick Phalen python-list at teleo.net
Mon Dec 27 02:30:20 EST 1999

[Thomas Lionel SMETS, on Sun, 26 Dec 1999]
:: bowman wrote:
::
:: > Thomas Lionel SMETS <tsmets at altern.org> wrote:
:: >
:: > >Python came "installed" on my RH 5.2 & I now wish to use Tkinter as
:: >
:: > Do yourself a favor, and get the latest Python tarball, build, and
:: > install it yourself. This may break a couple of the RH utilities that
:: > misuse Python, but you can fix them up easily.
:: >
:: > The RH5.2 versions of both Python and Perl are flawed.
::
:: Yep ...
:: I saw a few problem on the www.python.org web-site. The version is the
:: latest : python 1.5 & TCL/TK 8.0 are apparently the latest ! There
:: however seems to be problem with the header files

Take a look at http://andrich.net/python. Oliver Andrich has RPMs for
TKinter that work with RH 5.2.