Memory leaks and reference counter of an object

Manfred Pisecky pisecky at tttech.com
Mon Dec 27 04:23:53 EST 1999

Hi folks!

Is there a way to get the value of the reference counter of an
arbitrary object from within Python code - of course immutable?

The reason is my need to detect a memory leak and I want to track some
objects and therefore I need to check their reference counter at the
time they should be released.

If you know a better resolution of memory leak detection I am glad,
too!

Thanks in advance

Dipl.Ing. Manfred Pisecky                           pisecky at tttech.com
TTTech Computertechnik GmbH, Schoenbrunnerstrasse 7, A-1040 Vienna, Austria
Voice: +43 1 5853434-15,   Fax: +43 1 5853434-90,    http://www.tttech.com/

Next TTP Technology Seminar   31 January - 1 February 2000, Vienna, Austria
Next TTP Technology Workshop             2-3 February 2000, Vienna, Austria
4th TTPforum                               8 March 2000, Detroit, USA