List comprehensions

Alexander Williams thantos at chancel.org
Thu Dec 23 03:01:06 EST 1999

On Thu, 23 Dec 1999 17:44:38 +1100, Jesse Sweeney
<jesse at student.usyd.edu.au> wrote:

>which leaves xs as [30, 19, 5], not [30, 19, 31] as Albert was suggesting.
>Someone who's actually used the patch might correct me, but I'd be surprised if
>the scoping rules were different to the rules for for loops.

I haven't installed it either; waiting until The Timbot(tm) has had
his turn at brutalizing it, but I think it would be A Bad Thing(tm)
for LC's /not/ to be treated like a local function with their own
scope; while this edges into lexical closure territory, the
alternative leads to weird unintuitive things (at least in my view).

--
Alexander Williams (thantos at gw.total-web.net)           | In the End,
  "Join the secret struggle for the soul of the world." | Oblivion