IPC8 tutorials material

Frank Stajano fstajano at uk.research.att.com
Tue Dec 7 15:05:19 EST 1999

I finally registered for IPC8 and found somewhere on the forms a reference
to the fact that attendees to the tutorials will receive the printed
materials for "all the tutorials", where it wasn't clear whether this meant
"all of the 2 out of 8 tutorials attended", or "all of the 8 tutorials
including the ones you missed because they were all running in parallel and
damn damn damn wouldn't it have been nicer to be able to go to more than
two so at least here's some consolation".

Speaking as someone who at IPC7 bought the tutorial material for ALL the
tutorials from the remainders pile, and found it quite interesting, I would
encourage the organisers to either, and preferably, assign the second
meaning above to the ambiguous wording on the web site, or at least be
generous with the print runs so that a similar "remainders sale" can be run
this year too.

  Frank (http://i.am/filologo.disneyano/)  http://www.uk.research.att.com/~fms/