Widget set for curses?

William Tanksley wtanksle at hawking.armored.net
Tue Dec 7 22:38:23 EST 1999

On Tue, 07 Dec 1999 21:49:54 GMT, Grant Edwards wrote:
>Are there any python widget sets that use curses (or slang)?

I think Redhat uses one called 'newt'.  It's not extremely functional or
anything.  There's a Curses port of wxWindows which works with
1.something; if you used that, you'd have a good chance of working with
graphical displays as well, when possible.

>Simple stuff like radio buttons, entry fields, buttons...
>I was hoping for something like the newt or cdk libraries.

CDK is just about the neatest thing I've seen for curses.  A Python port
would be tres cool.  And then also a more sophisticated OO Python port.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley, in hoc signo hack