Be gentle with me....

William Tanksley wtanksle at hawking.armored.net
Sat Dec 4 20:41:14 EST 1999

On 3 Dec 1999 16:47:44 GMT, Thomas Hamelryck wrote:

>The use of indentation is IMO indeed a (very) weak point of python.

That's a very strong statement.  Can you support it, or should it be
rephrased as "I very strongly dislike Python's indentation."?

>Many
>people however who use python like it. I've been using python for one
>year now and I still deeply dislike it.

Wow.  It took me a few weeks to get over Lisp's parens, and they're WAY
nastier than Python's indentation.  A year, though...

>However, the language is so nicely
>crafted that its advantages easily outweigh the use of indentation. Hey,
>no language is perfect! You might even start to like as many python users
>do...

One of the main reasons I use Python is the clean syntax, including the
indentation.  Otherwise I'd be using Perl -- it's not that bad either, so
long as you limit your style and never look at anyone else's code.

--
-William "Billy" Tanksley, in hoc signo hack