Problem Compiling Python on OpenBSD.

Kenneth R Westerback kwesterback at home.com
Tue Dec 28 09:36:10 EST 1999

There is a python port in the /usr/ports/lang directory. On 2.5
this will be 1.5 I believe. In the current ports tree there is
now a 1.5.2 port that works fine for me, i.e. compiles and
functions. This port MAY work on 2.5 but you would need to
update the mk infrastructure file for the make I believe.

Easiest would be to install 2.6 and then update your ports tree
and then install the port.

Alternatively you might just update your ports tree, look at the
patches (/usr/ports/lang/python/patches/*) to see what had to be
patched to get 1.5.2 working.

.... Ken