Why use Python when we've got Perl?

Ian Clarke I.Clarke at strs.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 06:02:20 EDT 1999

> The problem in comp.lang.perl.misc is not the beginners -- it is
> the regulars.

I agree completely.  As the person who started this whole thing
(sheepish grin) the regulars, Tom in particular, has been rude, and
resorted to personal insults on a number of occasions, even while I
remained calm and polite.  He repeatedly accuses me of being a troll and
inciting flames (despite the fact that he was the only one flaming!).
To top it all off, having posted numerous "courtesy" copies of his
newsgroup postings to my email address, to which I replied on-subject
and politely, he then emailed me an email saying that I had been
killfiled!  A rather pathetic way to get the last word in my opinion.

Lucky I do not judge Perl on the quality of their newsgroup regulars.

Ian.