carpe linguam

krodgers at tdyryan.com krodgers at tdyryan.com
Mon Aug 23 12:28:21 EDT 1999

In article <014101beecc0$e810e590$f29b12c2 at secret.pythonware.com>,
  "Fredrik Lundh" <fredrik at pythonware.com> wrote:
> on the other hand, I'm not sure that would have helped.
> judging from most threads that tchrist appears in (be it
> on comp.lang.perl.misc, gnu.misc.discuss, or this group),
> things often turn into a great flame fest when he's in-
> volved, by some mysterious reason.
>
> maybe we should add a note to the newsgroup FAQ?
>
> </F>

The comp.lang.fortran FAQ once had (maybe still has; I haven't looked at
it in a while) an entry titled something like "Why are there useless
debates?" that centered on a certain person at Purdue . . .
--
Kevin Rodgers  Northrop Grumman
"Snakes.  Why did it have to be snakes???" -- Indiana Jones

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/