Enough [Was Re: Why use Perl when we've got Python?!]

Michael P. Reilly arcege at shore.net
Sun Aug 15 11:29:56 EDT 1999

Tom Christiansen <tchrist at mox.perl.com> wrote:
:      [courtesy cc of this posting mailed to cited author]

: In comp.lang.python, gmcm at hypernet.com writes:
: :John W. Stevens wrote:
: :[ crap deleted ]
: :
: :Whatever your contributions to the python community, you're now in my
: :killfile, along with a handful of pl hotheads who do the same to us.

: That man, along with Ian Clarke, have stirred up the biggest flame war
: in the Perl newsgroup that we're seen for a long time, inflicting their
: standard overrighteous prattle on us.  I realize that they aren't truly
: representative of Python people in general: several others have been
: entirely reasonable and educative.  I'm not sure hoter users realize
: this, however.

There was an attempt on c.l.p to divert the issue from c.l.p.m; much to
our collective regret, it didn't work (obviously).

  -Arcege