Enough [Was Re: Why use Perl when we've got Python?!]

Ian Clarke I.Clarke at strs.co.uk
Mon Aug 16 07:41:57 EDT 1999

> That man, along with Ian Clarke, have stirred up the biggest flame war
> in the Perl newsgroup that we're seen for a long time, inflicting their
> standard overrighteous prattle on us.

That is rich coming from the guy that sets up automatic monthly emails
to people because he doesn't like their quoting style.  As for stirring
up the flame war, Tom has posted around 60 messages on that thread, more
than most if not all others, many of them rude, patronizing, and
inflammatory.  I have posted around 20, and in all cases I remain polite
and respectful to the people I am posting to (even, in most cases, Tom).

If anyone would like some samples of Tom's postings I would be happy to
supply (he sent 'courtesy' carbon copies to my email address of most of
his utterances).

To describe this as hypocrisy is an understatement.

Ian.