Python to Perl Conversions

Tom Christiansen tchrist at mox.perl.com
Fri Aug 20 03:04:25 EDT 1999

     [courtesy cc of this posting mailed to cited author]

In comp.lang.python,
    Greg McFarlane <gregm at iname.com> writes:
:I also appreciated your mapping between the two languages.  How hard
:would it be to write a reverse mapping?  I know very little perl, but
:occasionally need to look at an existing perl script and try to figure
:out what it does.  A table that gives the python equivalent of common
:perl expressions could be very useful.

I'm not sure what that would entail.  Perhaps the operators from the
perlop manpage, the statement keywords from the perlsyn manpage, the
data types in the perldata manpage, and then all the built-ins from the
perlfunc manpage.  Would that suffice?

--tom
--
 Bus error - passengers dumped