Python to Perl Conversions

Greg McFarlane gregm at iname.com
Fri Aug 20 00:22:35 EDT 1999

     [courtesy cc of this posting mailed to cited author]

On 19 Aug, Tom Christiansen wrote:
> In comp.lang.python,
>     m.faassen at vet.uu.nl (Martijn Faassen) writes:
> :Hm, there seems to be only a discussion on whether docs should be in man
> :pages or not in response to this posting here.
>
> Yes, that has been disappointing.

I also appreciated your mapping between the two languages.  How hard
would it be to write a reverse mapping?  I know very little perl, but
occasionally need to look at an existing perl script and try to figure
out what it does.  A table that gives the python equivalent of common
perl expressions could be very useful.

--
Greg McFarlane:    INMS Telstra Australia (gregm at iname.com)
Today's forecast:  Sunny, with occasional cloudy periods and a chance