IDLE and iso-8859-2; threading tutorial

£ukasz Kowalczyk smithy at promail.pl
Sat Aug 28 16:15:08 EDT 1999

I was trying to use IDLE (version 0.4) on Linux but was unable to use font
with iso-8859-2 encoding. Since I'm new to Python and don't know anything
about Tk, could someone explain to me what I should be looking for in IDLE's
code?

Also, is there a tutorial about using threads in Python? I know there are a
few examples in doc/Demos directory but I would like to read about
real-world problems that may arise. I still remember how much time I spent
looking for bugs in my Java threading program and finally found out that
putting Thread.yield() all over the code did the trick...

--
Łukasz Kowalczyk
http://tempac.fuw.edu.pl/~lukow/