Python too slow for real world

Magnus L. Hetland mlh at idt.ntnu.no
Fri Apr 23 17:40:17 EDT 1999

Christian Tismer <tismer at appliedbiometrics.com> writes:

> Just did a little more cleanup to the code.
> This it is:

Hm. This code is nice enough (although not very intuitive...) But
isn't it a bit troublesome that this sort of thing (which in many ways
is a natural application for Python) is so much simpler to implement
(in an efficient enough way) in Perl?

Can something be done about it? Perhaps a buffering parameter to
fileinput? In that case, a lot of the code could be put in that
module, as part of the standard distribution... Even so -- you would
somehow have to be able to treat the buffers as blocks... Hm.

(And... How about builtin regexes in P2?)

--
               > Hi! I'm the signature virus 99!
  Magnus       > Copy me into your signature and join the fun!
  Lie
  Hetland        http://arcadia.laiv.org <arcadia at laiv.org>