python and SOCKS firewall

Jeffrey Kunce kuncej at mail.conservation.state.mo.us
Tue Apr 27 11:24:01 EDT 1999

I just found a way to get python on a Windows machine to talk through a SOCKS firewall.

There is a program called SocksCap (http://www.socks.nec.com/sockscap.html)  that "socksifies" windows TCP and UDP applications.  You launch the tcp app with SocksCap, and SocksCap intercepts tcp and udp calls, and redirects them through the socks server.

As far as I can tell, python launched with SocksCap is talking fine through the socks firewall at my location.

  --Jeff

PS SocksCap is free for non-commercial and internal-business use.