learning Python (rat book)

Christian Tismer tismer at appliedbiometrics.com
Fri Apr 23 08:10:57 EDT 1999

Fredrik Lundh wrote:

> > The rat has landed! I managed to get my hands a copy at the Stanford
> > University Bookstore today.
>
> just got one on my desk (in Linköping, Sweden).
>
> looks great!
>
> (what else can I say about a book that has
> my name in the index? ;-)

Unfortunately, names seem to appear just by the chance that
material was used. I was astonished to find quite a couple
of names, but no Aaron Watters, no Barry Warsaw. Well, the book
doesn't try to be complete and doesn't mention everything
and everybody.
But when mentioning SWIG, it should had better put a reference
to Dave Beazley into the index as well.

I'm currently working on the Grman translation. it will be
ready by end of July. I will try to adjust the index to mention
every person who plays a role in the book.
(Oops, I wrote this before looking into page 311 - it's me :-)

cheers - chris

Kaiserin-Augusta-Allee 101   :    *Starship* http://starship.python.net
10553 Berlin                 :     PGP key -> http://wwwkeys.pgp.net