Read MS Access 97 *.mdb files with python??

M.-A. Lemburg mal at lemburg.com
Thu Apr 29 18:07:46 EDT 1999

gemodek wrote:
> My idea is the following:
> At my company we are running 4 Win95 PC's on a network which works
> sometimes
> and crash sometimes (some days no reboot, some days 5-10 times).
> Now I am tired of the whole Win stuff, and I will install an Linux
> Server
> with Samba. (OK, the clients are still Win95, but at least the server is
> linux).
> We use also a software which is based on Access. The whole database (mdb
> files) will reside on the Linux server.
> So far so good.
> But now, I want to extract some information out of the access database
> create html files which everybody in our company is alowed to view.
> And for this I need "access to Access".

For the file format try:

	http://www.wotsit.org/

Don't know whether they list it, but if they don't it's likely
that it's not published anywhere.

An alternative approach is using an Intersolv or OpenLink
multi-tier ODBC setup. Or use the EasySoft ODBC-ODBC bridge to
fill the gap between Linux and WinXX.

Then hook up Python to one of these using mxODBC (follow the link
below).

PS: I think I already mentioned this some days ago... under a
different subject, though.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg                               Y2000: 246 days left
          : Python Pages >>> http://starship.skyport.net/~lemburg/  :