Read MS Access 97 *.mdb files with python??

Quinn Dunkan quinn at necro.ugcs.caltech.edu
Fri Apr 30 19:18:23 EDT 1999

On Thu, 29 Apr 1999 16:02:25 -0400, Darrell <news at dorb.com> wrote:
>I'm no expert but...
>Put some data base package on your Linux machine that supports ODBC. I would
>think that with lots of luck Access running on the Win boxes could connect
>to it.
>
>--Darrell

Hmm, I have a somewhat similar situation... I have databases in Access.
Currently, they are converted to cvs and read into mysql, which then serves
them to python via iODBC + mxODBC.  Of course, I would much rather have Access
talk to mysql directly and be just a front-end for mysql, and the iODBC stuff
seems to imply this can be done...  But I still can't figure out how to get
Access to do this...  Anyone have a similar setup?

thanks!