SNMPy update

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at cnri.reston.va.us
Mon Apr 5 17:45:46 EDT 1999

I'll second your sentiment!  I did some work on an X.509 library
written entirely in Python.  Like you friend's SNMP code, it will
probably never be released; I don't have time to finish it nor did I
expect that I'd want to release it given the export control hassles.
However, it seemed clear to me that an ASN.1 compiler could be written
to generate the encode/decode routines.  If someone is interested in
that, I've got some design notes and rough code on how to do the
encode/decode and on how to build a backend for SNACC.  (A free-ish
ASN.1 compiler; the only one?)

Jeremy