How libpython1.5.so

David Hobley davidh at progmatics.com.au
Wed Apr 14 22:19:06 EDT 1999

"Andrew M. Kuchling" wrote:

> Nick Belshaw writes:
> >Whilst trying to get Python plugins to work on Gnumeric-0.23 I bumped up
> >against the need for libpython1.5.so.0.0.0
>
>         Python doesn't build a .so file, so I think the Gnumeric

Is there any reason it doesn't? It is stunningly useful when building arbitrary
extensions
as you can build them shared and not have to relink python. Or am I
misunderstanding
something?

The last time I built the pykde stuff for FreeBSD I ran into this and ended up
hacking
together a libpython1.5.so which solved all my linking problems.

--
Cheers,
david                                 davidh at progmatics.com.au

Progmatics Pty Ltd - Architects of IT and Internet Solutions

Level 8, 191 Clarence Street              Phone +61 2 9262 4933
Sydney NSW Australia                      Fax   +61 2 9262 4045
http://www.progmatics.com.au/