Lexical analyzers and parsers

Michael Hudson mwh21 at cam.ac.uk
Tue Apr 13 05:59:59 EDT 1999

"Andrew M. Kuchling" <akuchlin at cnri.reston.va.us> writes:
> Julien Oster writes:
> >What about lexical analyzers and parsers?
> >
> >Under C I use bison/yacc and (f)lex. Under python, I can either implement this
> >stuff using C or try to write my parsers on my own, which is real pain.
>
> 	There are actually a bunch of different systems available; see
> http://starship.python.net/crew/amk/python/string.html#parsing
> for a list.  (If I've missed any, let me know.)

A lot of those links are a bit dated:

kwParsing should probably link www.chordate.com, not the starship
mcf.pars seems to have gone missing; I can't find it at any rate.
"A parser generator based on M.-A. Lemburg's mxTextTools" likewise
The link to PyBison got me a "connection refused"; this may be
temporary (or not)

These are the first four on the list, which is a little disconcerting!

All the others work.

Now I have to find one I can use..

HTH

Michael Hudson