[python-ldap] Patching python-ldap to compile with OpenBSD 5.3

Mon Aug 12 15:51:11 CEST 2013

On Mon Aug 12 2013 at 05:55:14, Michael Ströder wrote:

> Hmm, there's a common misunderstanding regarding setup.cfg:
>
> The aim is not to provide a setup.cfg which is usable out-of-the-box on each
> and every platform. I personally don't know whether that would be possible at
> all. It's rather meant to be tweaked to match the local system configuration.

Isn’t that a round-about way of saying “You should never expect `pip` or `easy_install` to actually work.”?

Because I don’t think that matches most people’s expectations. Maybe they’re all wrong, but it’s something to consider.

> The files beneath Build/ of the source distribution are meant to be rough
> examples for various platforms.

I agree that you shouldn’t try to list everything under the sun, but `/usr/local` doesn’t strike me as a bizarre one-off. `/opt/openldap-RE24`, on the other hand… ;-)

--
Rob McBroom
<http://www.skurfer.com/>