[python-ldap] Patching python-ldap to compile with OpenBSD 5.3

Michael Ströder michael at stroeder.com
Mon Aug 12 11:55:14 CEST 2013

Denis Fondras wrote:
> When installing openldap-client library on OpenBSD 5.3, include files
> are copied to /usr/local/include. Include directory of python-ldap only
> specifies /usr/include and thus can't find the include files when
> building. Here is a small patch to correct that behaviour :

Hmm, there's a common misunderstanding regarding setup.cfg:

The aim is not to provide a setup.cfg which is usable out-of-the-box on each
and every platform. I personally don't know whether that would be possible at
all. It's rather meant to be tweaked to match the local system configuration.

The files beneath Build/ of the source distribution are meant to be rough
examples for various platforms.

I'd appreciate text for
http://www.python-ldap.org/doc/html/installing.html#setup-cfg
to make that even more clear.