compiling against OpenLDAP 2.0.11

David Leonard david.leonard at csee.uq.edu.au
Sun Jun 17 06:54:57 CEST 2001

On Fri, 15 Jun 2001, Jens Vagelpohl typed thusly:

> can anyone confirm what the status is vis-a-vis OpenLDAP 2.x (or just 2.0.
> 11)? the postings led me to believe that no extra patches were needed at
> this point. if they are, can someone point them out? :)

python-ldap 1.10a3 won't work with OpenLDAP 2.x unless you apply those patches
that you refer to. (is that right?)

the current status of the development tree seems to be:
	* removing autoconf, in favour of python's distutils
	  (which is weaker at detecting what is there but slightly more
	   configurable and supposedly easier to build distributions with)
	* supporting OpenLDAP 2.* (but dropping support for earlier versions)

David Leonard                           David.Leonard at dstc.edu.au
DSTC                                    Room:78-632  Ph:+61 7 336 58358
The University of Queensland            http://www.dstc.edu.au/
QLD 4072  AUSTRALIA                     B73CD65FBEF4C089B79A8EBADF1A932F13EA0FC8

.signature: Invalid argument