[Python-ideas] CoC violation

Elazar elazarg at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:52:16 EDT 2018

On Fri, Sep 21, 2018, 16:56 Philipp A. <flying-sheep at web.de> wrote:

> The main clause differentiating bad, weaponizable CoCs from good ones is
>
> "Assume good faith"
>
> Everything will be OK if good faith can reasonably be assumed (E.g. when
> someone uses a word which is only offensive based on context)
> On the other hand, e.g. obvious racial slurs never have a place on a
> discussion board about a programming language. How can one possibly say
> them in good faith?

Here's how: as a demonstration that words that are considered slurs in
certain contexts (such as the word "Negro" in America) might be considered
perfectly legitimate day-to-day words in another context. Even if the
example was incorrect, it is still legitimate.

Your question should be directed against the OP in the discussion, bringing
up an issue completely unrelated to programming languages (probably
trolling, as several people before me have pointed out).

Elazar