[Python-ideas] Contributing to Python core via an intermediary

Janzert janzert at janzert.com
Wed Aug 14 06:16:36 CEST 2013

On 8/13/2013 11:12 PM, Ben Finney wrote:
> Antoine Pitrou <solipsis at pitrou.net>
> writes:
>
>> Ben, I respect your distrust of the CLA's terms (or of CLAs in
>> general), but does that mean you wouldn't contribute the python-daemon
>> implementation under a CLA?
>
> I would not sign such a document, correct.
>
>> AFAICT it has no chance of landing in the official source tree if you
>> aren't willing to sign a CLA for it.
>
> The work will be licensed to all recipients under the Apache License,
> and maintained as expected. Could one of the recipients be the person
> who makes the submission to the PSF for inclusion in Python core?

IANAL nor am I associated with the PSF and am certainly unqualified to
answer. So <opinion elided>

In any case I think the topic has moved well into the territory that
further conversation and questions should be moved over to the legal-sig
list at python-legal-sig at python.org

Janzert

* legal-sig list webpage can be found at
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-legal-sig