[python-events] FW: Board Resolution Notification - csv,conf,v8

John Chodacki chodacki at gmail.com
Tue May 7 16:17:19 EDT 2024

Hello, we would love for our conference to be added to the event calendar.

Conference Name: csv,conf,v8
Conference Website: https://csvconf.com
Dates: May 29-30, 2024
Location: Puebla, Mexico

Thanks,
John

From: Marie Nordin <marie at python.org>
Date: Tuesday, May 7, 2024 at 11:56 AM
Subject: Board Resolution Notification - csv,conf,v8

Hi John,

I am pleased to inform you of the PSF’s decision to support your event. Please see the resolution below, approved on May 7th, 2024:

RESOLVED, that the Python Software Foundation Grants Work Group grant $3,000 USD to the csv,conf,v8 event taking place in Puebla, Mexico, on May 29-30.

Reporting:
After the event, the board & grants workgroup require a follow-up report by completing the grant accountability form<http://bit.ly/2kgf4up>. If there will be pictures, please share them and we can discuss doing a blog post after the event. By sharing pictures, you are giving the PSF permission to use them in marketing and reporting. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

PSF logo and description:
If you will be acknowledging the PSF as a sponsor, you can find our logo and official description for your event<https://wiki.python.org/psf/PSF%20Press%20Kit> website and/or conference printed material on our website. Our website URL is python.org/psf<http://www.python.org/psf>, and our Twitter handle is @thepsf<https://twitter.com/ThePSF>.

Events Page:
Please get in touch with events at python.org<mailto:events at python.org> to have your Python conference added to our Event Calendar<https://www.python.org/events/>.

Grant Instructions
Please send accounting at python.org<mailto:accounting at python.org> an invoice for your grant. See our Invoices page<https://www.python.org/psf/vendorpolicies/#invoices> for information about what to include in your invoice and a sample invoice template. Invoices will only be accepted from the grant submitter or a person designated by the grant submitter.

The PSF offers several payment methods for US domestic and international payments. Please review our Payment Options page<https://www.python.org/psf/paymentoptions/>, which includes specific details the PSF needs to process payments.

Contact accounting at python.org<mailto:accounting at python.org> with any questions. Please note that all grant offers expire six (6) months from the date of this email.

Thank you,

Marie Nordin

Python Software Foundation

Submitted on
April, 17 2024
Submitted by user
chodacki
Submitted values are
Legal First Name
John
Legal Last Name
Chodacki
Nickname
Email
chodacki at gmail.com<mailto:chodacki at gmail.com>
City
Berkeley
Country
United States
State/Province/Region
California
Region Other
Postal Code
94708
Postal Code Suffix
Phone Number
4152558104
Organization Name
CSVconf
Organization Email
csvconf at gmail.com<mailto:csvconf at gmail.com>
Twitter Handle
Website
https://CSVconf.com
Grant Type
Conference
Grant Title
csv,conf,v8
FAQ & Grants Program Info
I have read and understand these pages
Date
29/05/2024
Event’s/project’s website
https://csvconf.com/
Requested Grant Amount (USD)
3000
Grant Amount Breakdown
$1500 for travel and accommodation assistance and $1500 for catering during the conference.
Budget
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZhoWSs_CgK2e4HMZXXbL8G_ZSOX9Z6fIPseFivB-oSs/edit#gid=179365688
Objective
The csv,conf is a community event for datamakers from around the globe, uniting diverse individuals and organizations focused on open data and its potential to address challenges in open source, journalism, science, government, and beyond. This year, our 8th edition will take place in Puebla, Mexico on May 29 and May 30, 2024. During these two days, attendees will engage in learning about ongoing work, sharing skills, exchanging ideas, and initiating collaborations. A central theme of this year’s conference is the significance of the Python programming language in data science projects, and we are thrilled to highlight Python throughout our event. In collaboration with The Carpentries, we are excited to offer pre-conference workshops dedicated to Python, enhancing skills and knowledge pivotal for tackling real-world data challenges. These sessions aim to foster a highly collaborative and inclusive environment, which is why a team of volunteers diligently ensures participation from various backgrounds and locales. Recognizing the financial constraints some may face, we provide complimentary tickets to all speakers and to anyone desiring to attend but unable to afford the cost. Travel support for speakers is also available, as needed. The sponsorship of organizations like the Python Software Foundation is instrumental in maximizing our capacity to welcome diverse speakers and enhance the overall attendee experience with superior catering options.
Beneficiaries
The grant would be destined to pay for plane ticket and hotel accommodation of, at least, one speaker, depending on specific needs, and as part of the budget for catering for every attendee. We are expecting 160 people to attend the main conference. All of the talks will be recorded and uploaded to our YouTube page, as it has been done for every previous version.
Regional Support
In case there are any remaining funds left after the conference, they will be destined to the same purposes during the next version of the conference.
Link to Conference Schedule
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19-AGSDLdb3zjTBF-Gbn_O1FZu-mZJReh_3uc67RbH1Y/edit#gid=0
Conference Registration Page
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/csvconfv8-tickets-808081201627?aff=oddtdtcreator
Conference Prospectus
https://csvconf.com/about/
Additional Conference Sponsors
Google, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, Lincoln Log, DataCite
Additional Attachments
Link to Code of Conduct
https://csvconf.com/coc/
Code of Conduct Enforcement Policy
included
Code of Conduct Enforcement Team
Elaine Wong, John Chodacki, Julieta Millan
COVID/Health & Safety Policy
https://csvconf.com/location/#safety-tips
Trademarks committee
Yes
Percentage of Python
60
Follow-up activities
All of our talks are recorded and uploaded to our YouTube page, as it has been done for every previous version (https://www.youtube.com/@csvconf ). After the conference, we will send out a survey for attendees to know what we did well and what we can improve for future events.
Preview Submission

The results of this submission may be viewed
here<https://psfmember.org/wp-admin/post.php?post=1131&action=edit>

--
Marie Nordin
Community Communications Manager