[Python-Dev] macOS: minimum supported version?

Ned Deily nad at python.org
Mon May 28 05:51:15 EDT 2018

On May 28, 2018, at 05:05, Victor Stinner <vstinner at redhat.com> wrote:
> Ned Deily closed old bugs reported on the macOS Tiger buildbot, since
> this buildbot has been retired 3 months ago (the builders are still
> visible online, but last builds were 3 months ago).

Perhaps Zach or someone else can remove them from the list.

> It seems like the oldest macOS buildbot is now macOS El Capitan (macOS
> 10.11, 2015). Does it mean that the minimum officially supported macOS
> version is now macOS 10.11 El Capitain?

One way to answer that question is to look at the macOS versions we support with python.org installers.  If you look at the current download pages for current releases, you'll see we provide installers that support macOS versions from 10.6 (Snow Leopard) theough the current 10.13 (High Sierrs) so we definitely support those versions.  Earlier versions are supported on a best-effort basis.

--
  Ned Deily
  nad at python.org -- []