[Python-Dev] PEP: 576 Title: Rationalize Built-in function classes

mark mark at hotpy.org
Sat May 19 05:15:34 EDT 2018

Hi,

At the language summit this year, there was some discussion of PEP 575.
I wanted to simplify the PEP, but rather than modify that PEP, Nick
Coghlan encouraged me to write an alternative PEP instead.

PEP 576 aims to fulfill the same goals as PEP 575, but with fewer
changes and to be fully backwards compatible.

The PEP can be viewed here:

https://github.com/python/peps/blob/master/pep-0576.rst

Cheers,
Mark.

P.S.
I'm happy to have discussion of this PEP take place via GitHub,
rather than the mailing list, but I thought I would follow the
conventional route for now.